NAAMM membership is open to firms or corporations involved in the manufacture of metal products for building construction and those firms which supply materials and services to the manufacturers.
There are three membership categories:
- Firms or corporations actively engaged, for a minimum of one year, in the manufacture and/or fabrication of metal products for construction of buildings and other structures and having at least one manufacturing or fabricating facility operating in Canada, Mexico or the United States.
- A manufacturer/fabricator makes basic materials into an end product.
- The manufacturing process includes, but is not limited to, cutting, forming, and welding of metal.
Firms or corporations with at least one facility operating in Canada, Mexico or the United States which:
- Produce material or products necessary for the fabrication, finishing or installation of the products of the industry.
- Provide services needed for the erection or testing of the products of the industry.
- Produce basic metals used in the industry.
- Firms or corporations with an interest in the industries and/or products represented by NAAMM Divisions.
- Affiliate Members are members at-large, not members of any division of NAAMM.
Membership Dues Structure
The NAAMM dues structure for all members* is based on sales volume for the year ending the previous December 31 (or the nearest company fiscal year), for all architectural metal sales, or, if appropriate, sales of the products of the division with which a company is affiliated. The dues schedule is as follows:
|Less than $750,000||$1,275.00|
|$750,000 - $1,999,999||$2,170.00|
|$2,000,000 - $6,999,999||$2,800.00|
|$7,000,000 - $19,999,999||$3,530.00|
|More than $20,000,000||$3,820.00|
In addition, divisions generate additional project funds through special assessments or other means of funding. To approve an assessment, 75% of a division's members must vote, and of that number, at least 75% must vote in favor of the assessment. Once established by a vote, an assessment becomes a condition of continued membership. HMMA, DEMA, and EMMA members currently pay dvision dues to fund projects.
* Affiliate Members pay dues to NAAMM in an amount set by the Board of Directors; currently, $1,200.00.